DIY or Hire
You want a new fence. DIY or hire a contractor?
- You will save money building your own fence. And everyone looks good in a tool belt.
- You need basic tools, time, and patience to build a fence. No special skills are required, except attention to detail in planning and execution.
- If you are DIYing, reserve several weekends for your fence project.
- Then cancel your plans for the following weekend when you haven't finished yet.
If you hire a fence contractor, collect multiple bids. A few pointers when collecting estimates:
- Bid the project uniformly for each installer
- Check the material grade selected for your fence. Fence project prices are sometimes reduced by using lower grade material
- Your contractor will probably estimate your project on cost per linear foot.
Even before you go out and get bids from potential builders, you should be aware of a few things when choosing a contractor. Inexpensive is always good, but when it comes to purchasing something as significant as a fence, you only want to do it once. Think carefully about whom you're hiring. Contact us if you'd like to get in touch with Fence Hub preferred contractors in your area.
When you review your fence estimate, it's good to have multiple bids so you have things to compare. Depending on what type of fence you want installed, there are a number of things you are going to want to pay attention to when sizing up the bids. Here are a few pointers to look out for when reviewing your estimate(s).