Reviewing your Fence Estimate
Some pointers for reviewing fence contractor estimates:
- Most contractors will present bids as a cost per linear square foot. If you ask, they should break out labor and material cost also.
- Make sure they are using high quality materials for your fence.
- Dont forget to ask about timing. When can they start? how long will it take?
Estimating contactor labor cost can be difficult to accurately predict. A few factors:
- Your fence design: the complexity of your design and materials you select.
- Any constraints (stumps, slope, etc) on your property.
- Depending on where you live, construction labor hourly wages can range from $12-40/ hour.
- Masonry fence building is particularly labor intensive. Expect high labor costs.